What to do your first day on WorldAlphaWell, you've joined WorldAlpha and you are wondering what to do on your first day. Here are some ideas.
- Finish the Basic Tutorial - There is a quest for E$250 for finishing, so finish it. If for some reason you lose the tutorial, you can always get back to it here: http://www.worldalpha.com/portal/tutorial. To collect your E$250 you need to go to your Quests, find Complete the Tutorial under General Quests, and claim the reward.
- Start the Economy Tutorial - You need to have enough EarthBucks and AlphaCoins to start a company, and you might not have it the first day, but at least start the Tutorial, to see what setting up a company involves.
- Fill up your Activity Queue - The Basic Tutorial puts 5 activities in your Activity Queue. Be sure to fill it up to 6, and try to keep it at 6. When you are about to log off use larger hours. Six 12 hour activities, will take over 10 Earth hours to complete.
- Consider Moving to another City - You have 7 days to make as many moves to other cities and countries as you wish. Your starter house follows you wherever you go. After that you will have to request a Citizenship in another country which may be accept or rejected.
What to consider when moving? Well what is the type of Government there? How much available real estate? How much is the Real estate? How active are their leaders? How active is the community? Much to be considered when choosing your WorldAlpha city and country.
To move go, first go to your profile page, by clicking on your avatar at the bottom. Then click on the Move link under your Location.
- Consider a Political Party - If politics interests you, then you should consider joining a city party and a country party. Membership is free, and will let you see what your local politicians feel is important.
- Considering Joining the Military - There won't be any War Declarations until Sept. 1, 2013, but in the meantime, you can at least join the Military to show your country or your city that you will be available.
- Get a New Job - The job you got in the Tutorial, may not be the best fit for you, so consider once your work activity is done, getting a new job. What type of industry do you want to be in? Get a job in that field? Look for the best paying job. Wages are a combination of hourly wages, plus a production bonus. Initially you will get about 10 production units per hour of work, but that will increase over time.
- Check out the Media section - There are lots of great newspapers to read, and a few good TV stations too. Read up on what is going on with WorldAlpha. Comment on what interests you.
- Communicate with Other Citizens - Join the Chat as well as check out the Forums
Back to Help Menu